Mudflat Software is committed to ensuring that your data remains secure, and that you are in control of what information you provide to us. This policy describes information collected through our website and our app, DropSync
Data we collect
- If you send us a support email we will keep the email conversation for future reference and continuity of support unless you request otherwise.
- If you purchase DropSync via our website we will collect your name, email address, phone number and billing address. This information is collected to verify license details and is securely stored on our behalf by our payment provider, FastSpring.
- If you purchase DropSync through the Mac App Store the transaction is handled entirely by apple and we do not have access to your personal information. In addition, we do not collect any information using AppCentre (see below) for copies of DropSync distributed through the Mac App Store.
- DropSync sends us your OS version (eg macOS 10.11), device type (eg Mac mini 2018) and device ID when you use the app. This allows us to understand which OS versions and hardware we need to support going forward. This data is kept on AppCentre servers for 28 days.
- If you experience a crash DropSync will send us a crash report the next time it starts up. See below for details of what is sent.
- We use a third party service (AppCentre) to collect the data mentioned above (ie crashes, usage statistics). See "Use of AppCentre" below.
- Our website uses google analytics to collect anonymised usage statistics. See "Use of Google Analytics" below.
DropSync is an app for copying and syncing files. It logs its own internal behaviour for the purpose of debugging and also saves lists of files that have been synced. These are stored on your mac to allow you to review them within the app. They are not sent to Mudflat Software. If you send a support email via the Send Feedback menu item within the app a log of recent app activity will be appended to the email. This log contains information about app behaviour (startup, window management, etc) but may contain private information such as file paths. You may review and edit the information before sending this email.
Use of AppCentre
AppCentre is a crash reporting and analytics service provided by Microsoft. DropSync uses the crash reporting and analytics parts of this service but does so in a way that avoids collecting your personal information. When collecting analytics data we transmit device identifiers but do not collect additional information that would allow us to map these to your name, email address or other personal information. When sending crash reports we include the following information
- Information about your copy of DropSync, it's bundle identifier and version
- Information about your computer hardware including CPU architecture and OS version
- Low level crash data which includes information that can be used to reconstruct a stack trace (list of function names) at the time of the crash
You can view the AppCentre policies in relation to data collection and retention at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-au/appcenter/gdpr/
Use of FastSpring
. To remove your data contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Use of Google Analytics