Mudflat Software is committed to ensuring that your data remains secure, and that you are in control of what information you provide to us. This policy describes information collected through our website and our app, DropSync
Data we collect
- If you send us a support email we will keep the email conversation for future reference and continuity of support unless you request otherwise.
- If you purchase DropSync via our website we will collect your name, email address, phone number and billing address. This information is collected to verify license details and is securely stored on our behalf by our payment provider, FastSpring.
- If you experience a crash DropSync will prompt you to send a crash report the next time it starts up. We use a third party service called HockeyApp to collect these reports. See "Use of HockeyApp" below.
- Our website uses google analytics to collect anonymised usage statistics. See "Use of Google Analytics" below.
DropSync is an app for copying and syncing files. It logs its own internal behaviour for the purpose of debugging and also saves lists of files that have been synced. These are stored on your mac to allow you to review them within the app. They are not sent to Mudflat Software. If you send a support email via the Send Feedback menu item within the app a log of recent app activity will be appended to the email. This log contains information about app behaviour (startup, window management, etc) but may contain private information such as file paths. You may review and edit the information before sending this email.
Use of HockeyApp
HockeyApp is a crash reporting and analytics service provided by Microsoft. DropSync uses the crash reporting part of this service only and has disabled all analytics related features. When DropSync crashes it will prompt you to send a crash report. Sending a crash report is optional and you may view the complete text of the crash report before deciding whether you want to send it. The information contained in crash reports includes
- Information about your copy of DropSync, it's bundle identifier and version
- Information about your computer hardware including CPU architecture and OS version
- Low level crash data which includes information that can be used to reconstruct a stack trace (list of function names) at the time of the crash
- Your name and email address if you choose to include it
- Comments you leave in the crash report (optional)
Use of FastSpring
. To remove your data contact email@example.com
Use of Google Analytics